Chair yoga actually is for everybody. Whether or not you may have restricted mobility, knee points, are a newbie yogi, work in an workplace… what have you ever. A fast chair yoga stretch is nice.
Just be sure you have a sturdy and secure chair. It might have arms or not.
- Shoulder Stretch – Sitting ahead on the chair, with the toes flat on the ground, attain the crown as much as the sky. Shrug the shoulders down and away from the ears. Deliver the fingers to the highest of the shoulders. Make huge circles with the elbows, bringing them ahead, aspect and down. Resist the urge to shrug the shoulders up.
2. Seated Cat/Cow – Deliver the fingers to the tops of the knees. Inhale, lifting the chest, squeezing the shoulder blades again, arching the again and searching up. Exhale to spherical and contract. Use the fingers on the knees to get deep sensation in backbone. Do 5 or so rounds.
3. Spinal Twist – Raise up tall, prolong the arms in entrance of you and press the palms collectively. Inhale to elongate. Preserve that size as you twist. Opening proper arm out to the aspect, twisting open to the fitting. Maintain each hips shining ahead. Solely rotating the torso. Exhale to middle. Alternate aspect to aspect with the breath for a number of rounds.
4. Hamstring Stretch – Deliver the fingers onto the hips, arm rests or sides of the chairs. Be sure you’re on the entrance of the chair. Straighten the fitting leg and flex the foot. Raise the chest up and tilt ahead till you are feeling a hamstring stretch. Consider sustaining a flat again, and deal with curling the fitting toes again.
5. Hip Flexor and Core Power – Raise again up. Level by the fitting toes. Attempt to carry the fitting leg up, thighs parallel. Then faucet the toes down. Strive to not spherical and contract by the backbone. Repeat about 5 occasions.
Change sides and repeat 4 and 5.
6. Goddess – Open the legs broad. Align the knees over the second and third toe. Deliver the fingers on prime of the thighs. Keep right here or add a twist. Dropping proper shoulder down. Utilizing the fitting hand to push the fitting thigh open a bit extra. Come by middle. Then drop left shoulder down.
7. Low Lunge – Open the fitting knee to the aspect. Drop the left knee down, tucking the left toes. Flip to face the fitting aspect. Maintain the shoulders over the hips. Maintain the again of the chair or arm relaxation. Tailbone reaching down. Possibly reaching the left hand up.
These 7 poses come from a 15 minute chair yoga observe I shared throughout my channel and app.