On this episode, we’re delving into a difficulty that lies not solely on the coronary heart of the inexperienced magnificence trade, however one which we elevate in our conversations repeatedly on this podcast – sustainability and tackling plastic waste.
Once we come throughout modern solutions and sensible options to assist scale back plastic waste within the magnificence trade which are additionally inside attain of small, indie magnificence companies, we’re eager to discover them and unfold the phrase about how they ship on their promise.
Podcast host and Components Botanica CEO Lorraine Dallmeier is joined by Dr Suvi Haimi, CEO and Co-founder of Sulapac, a pioneering firm primarily based in Finland that’s on a mission to interchange standard plastic with sustainable options.
We’re proud to say that a few of our graduate magnificence founders and types are already utilizing Sulapac’s packaging and contributing to a plastic-free future within the magnificence trade. If you happen to want to observe their lead, we encourage you to pay attention in to our interview with Suvi as we discover the modern methods Sulapac is combating plastic waste and contributing to a greener planet.
On this episode with Suvi Haimi of Sulapac, you’ll hear:
- How Sulapac develops supplies that supply the advantages of plastic with out its environmental downsides, specifically microplastic air pollution.
- The alarming statistics of plastic manufacturing and its affect on well being and ecosystems. Sulapac busts the parable that recycling plastic is a viable resolution to plastic waste.
- About Sulapac’s various product vary, together with biodegradable and reusable supplies, past beauty packaging.
- Insights into Sulapac’s collaboration with main manufacturers like Chanel and Shiseido and their work with smaller, impartial manufacturers.
- Concerning the challenges and alternatives in a altering trade and shopper perceptions in direction of sustainable packaging.
- Suvi’s imaginative and prescient for Sulapac’s future in contributing to environmental sustainability.
Key takeouts embody:
- Sulapac’s mission and strategy to combatting the worldwide plastic waste disaster.
- The necessity for systemic change within the plastic trade and waste administration.
- Sulapac’s modern strategy in utilizing post-consumer and post-industrial waste for creating biodegradable polymers.
- The significance of training manufacturers and shoppers about sustainable packaging options.
- Sulapac’s efforts in facilitating closed-loop recycling methods and its affect on decreasing plastic waste.
Meet our visitor – Suvi Haimi, CEO and Co-Founding father of Sulapac
Suvi Haimi, along with her distinctive experience and fervour for sustainable options, has led Sulapac to change into a frontrunner within the struggle in opposition to plastic air pollution. With a background in biochemistry and pharmaceutical sciences, Suvi combines scientific information with a deep dedication to environmental stewardship. Underneath her management, Sulapac has been recognised globally for its modern and eco-friendly packaging options.
Hyperlinks to search out out extra about Suvi Haimi and Sulapac:
If you happen to loved this episode on sustainable packaging and options to plastic in magnificence, do delve again into the podcast archives. Go and pay attention to those associated episodes and subjects:
Episode 143: The model creating mascara tubes to final 2,500 years.
Episode 117: Ought to magnificence go plastic free?
Episode 118: Plastic shouldn’t be the enemy – we’re.
Episode 115: The microplastics hiding in your cosmetics.
Episode 112: The soiled enterprise of magnificence waste.
Episode 93: Revolutionary magnificence packaging with mushroom and seeds.
Thanks for becoming a member of us for this episode of the Components Botanica Inexperienced Magnificence Conversations podcast. If you happen to loved listening, please share, subscribe and evaluation this episode on iTunes, Spotify or Youtube in order that extra folks can benefit from the present. Don’t overlook to observe and join with us on Fb, Twitter and Instagram.
Depart us a remark
Lorraine Dallmeier is a Biologist, Chartered Environmentalist and the CEO of Components Botanica, the award-winning on-line natural beauty science faculty. Learn extra about Lorraine and the Components Botanica Staff.
fbq('init', '1441623626075657'); // Insert your pixel ID here.