If you happen to’ve begun or are about to start the method of weaning your child, meals allergic reactions could be on the high of your thoughts. With so many individuals having severe reactions to frequent meals equivalent to milk, eggs, shrimp, and peanuts you would possibly end up wanting to place off giving these meals to your child. However is that a good suggestion? And even in case you’re prepared to check these meals out, you could be questioning how a choking hazard like peanut butter can safely be given to an toddler.
On right now’s episode of Yoga| Beginning| Infants we’re going to speak about how one can introduce allergenic meals to your child by baby-led weaning. To have this dialog I invited Katie Ferraro, a registered dietician specializing in baby-led weaning and host of the podcast Child-Led Weaning Made Straightforward. We’ll be speaking about when one can ideally introduce allergens to a child, the 9 meals that account for ninety p.c of meals allergic reactions, how one can introduce these meals, and what to search for in an allergic response.
If you happen to’re about to start the journey of introducing meals to your child, seize a pen and paper or your pc. Katie affords some fantastic recommendations on introducing these meals and even provides us options for how one can serve these meals to your child. I believe her strategy is extremely clever and really feel that it’s a calming option to take care of a section of parenting that many are anxious about. Katie will put you relaxed along with her analysis, suggestions, and first hand expertise as a Mother of seven!
On this episode you’ll study:
- Study Katie and what led her to change into a registered dietitian specializing in child led weaning.
- What child led weaning is.
- The brand new and up to date pointers concerning the early introduction of allergenic meals for infants.
- A few of the most vital adjustments in these new allergy introduction pointers.
- The age vary to begin introducing meals allergy dangers.
- How introducing meals early on helps forestall meals allergic reactions and dangers down the highway.
- The 9 meals that account for 90% of meals allergic reactions and how one can introduce them.
- How somebody can put together to introduce a standard allergy danger.
- What mother and father and caregivers be in search of by way of a meals allergy response.
- Finest recommendation for a mother or father who may be very nervous about introducing a meals allergy danger.
- One closing tip/piece of recommendation Katie want to provide new and expectant mother and father.
- The place you’ll find Katie’s work.
Katie Ferraro, MPH, RDN, CDE is a Registered Dietitian specializing in baby-led weaning (BLW) @babyledweanteam and a mother of seven. She teaches vitamin at San Diego State College and hosts the top-rated parenting podcast BABY-LED WEANING MADE EASY. Katie runs the biggest digital group devoted to BLW and he or she helps mother and father, caregivers and healthcare suppliers give their infants a secure begin to stable meals utilizing baby-led weaning.
Join with Katie:
- Don’t overlook to seize your FREE information, 5 Easy Options to the Most Frequent Being pregnant Pains HERE
- If you happen to love what you’ve been listening to, please depart a ranking and overview! Yoga| Beginning|Infants (Apple) or on Spotify!
To attach with Deb and the PYC Neighborhood:
Instagram & Fb: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Middle