Investing in Ladies: The Position of Finance in Ladies’s Empowerment
Date: Wednesday March 12, 2014
Time: 8-9 a.m. PST
Register Now →
Regardless of important progress by way of world commitments to gender equality and ladies’s empowerment, developed and creating international locations nonetheless face important challenges in guaranteeing the equal therapy of girls. Ladies, as entrepreneurs, leaders, and workers, are an vital financial pressure. By creating alternatives for broader participation of girls within the financial system, finance generally is a vital driver of girls’s empowerment.
On this webinar, we’ll talk about the function of finance in ladies’s empowerment at three completely different ranges:
Empowerment by way of funding: Calvert Investments, one of many largest socially accountable funding administration corporations in america, will talk about its Ladies’s Ideas, which have been a catalyst for shareholder dialogue that encourages extra range at corporations.
Empowerment by way of entry: Ladies’s World Banking will discover its efforts to broaden entry to monetary merchandise for the 1 billion low-income ladies who’re at present unbanked, which advantages each shoppers and monetary establishments.
Empowerment by way of information: BSR’s HERfinance will talk about its work to construct monetary functionality amongst low-income ladies in world provide chains, with the assumption that this allows them to put money into diet, well being, and schooling, resulting in social and financial enhancements of their communities and international locations.
This webinar is meant for corporations throughout all sectors which might be serious about studying about how ladies’s empowerment is vital for enterprise success.
- Bennett Freeman, Senior Vice President, Sustainability Analysis and Coverage, Calvert Investments
- Mary Ellen Iskenderian, President and CEO, Ladies’s World Banking
- Chhavi Ghuliani, Supervisor, Partnership Improvement and Analysis, BSR
- Laura Gitman, Managing Director, Advisory Companies, BSR (moderator)
* The webinar—open to each BSR members and non-members—will contain a teleconference accompanied by a real-time, internet-based presentation. Phone and login directions can be despatched after registration.