Howdy, girls and boys, girls and germs. That is Tim Ferriss. Welcome to a different episode of The Tim Ferriss Present, the place it’s normally my job to sit down down with world-class performers of all differing kinds to tease out the habits, routines, favourite books, and so forth you could apply and take a look at in your personal life.
This time, we’ve got a barely totally different format. I’m the visitor, and also you requested the questions.
I not too long ago sat down with subscribers to my e-mail publication for a enjoyable and reside Q&A on YouTube.
To affix these unique Q&A periods sooner or later, it’s easy. Simply enroll at tim.weblog/friday.
Each Friday, you’ll obtain my free 5-Bullet Friday publication—a brief e-mail of 5 bullet factors. It’s one of the crucial well-liked newsletters on the planet.
Every publication describes the 5 coolest issues I’ve discovered or explored that week, typically together with books, devices, tech workarounds, methods from consultants, unusual experiments, and bizarre stuff from everywhere in the world. My subscribers have seen many, many issues on the edges earlier than they’ve gone mainstream.
On this episode, I reply questions on resurrecting “forgotten” languages, canine coaching, author’s block, lowering alcohol consumption, AI companions, coaching the “adequate” muscle, low-back ache, the significance of weight coaching and muscle mass, journey suggestions for Japan, managing concern of dying and the descent to dying, breaking unfavourable self-talk, and far, way more.
Please take pleasure in!
Take heed to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, or in your favourite podcast platform. You possibly can watch the Q&A on YouTube right here.
#704: Q&A with Tim — New Religions, AI Companions, Longevity Levers, Resurrecting “Forgotten” Languages, Stress-Testing Cherished Beliefs, Techniques for Author’s Block, Low-Again Ache, and A lot Extra
This episode is delivered to you by Cometeer! Cometeer is hyper-fresh, expertly brewed, flash-frozen espresso that produces an extremely scrumptious cup. Cometeer allows you to put together your espresso with no mess, no machines, no burning, and no bitterness. Cometeer sources high-quality beans from the nation’s high roasters. The espresso is brewed utilizing proprietary know-how to tug out extra taste compounds and antioxidants. It’s then flash-frozen at minus 321 levels Fahrenheit to lock in that unimaginable taste and freshness of the specialty brew. Merely add sizzling water and also you’ve received a game-changing cup of espresso. It’s simply customizable in seconds for iced coffees, lattes, espresso martinis, and extra.
Order as we speak at Cometeer.com/TimTim and listeners of this podcast will obtain $25 off your first order.
This episode is delivered to you by AG1! I get requested on a regular basis, “In case you might use just one complement, what wouldn’t it be?” My reply is normally AG1, my all-in-one dietary insurance coverage. I really helpful it in The 4-Hour Physique in 2010 and didn’t receives a commission to take action. I do my greatest with nutrient-dense meals, in fact, however AG1 additional covers my bases with nutritional vitamins, minerals, and whole-food-sourced micronutrients that assist intestine well being and the immune system.
Proper now, you’ll get a 1-year provide of Vitamin D free together with your first subscription buy—a significant nutrient for a powerful immune system and robust bones. Go to DrinkAG1.com/Tim to say this particular provide as we speak and obtain your 1-year provide of Vitamin D (and 5 free AG1 journey packs) together with your first subscription buy! That’s as much as a one-year provide of Vitamin D as added worth while you attempt their scrumptious and complete every day, foundational diet complement that helps whole-body well being.
This episode is delivered to you by Eight Sleep! Eight Sleep’s Pod Cowl is the best and quickest option to sleep on the good temperature. It pairs dynamic cooling and heating with biometric monitoring to supply probably the most superior (and user-friendly) answer available on the market. Merely add the Pod Cowl to your present mattress and begin sleeping as cool as 55°F or as sizzling as 110°F. It additionally splits your mattress in half, so your accomplice can select a very totally different temperature.
Till November thirtieth, my listeners can save $350 on the Pod Cowl. Go to eightsleep.com/tim for these unique vacation financial savings. That’s eightsleep.com/tim for these unique and really particular vacation financial savings! Eight Sleep at present ships throughout the USA, Canada, the UK, choose international locations within the EU, and Australia.
Need to hear my final Q&A? Take heed to the episode right here, wherein I answered questions on newsletters I learn on daily basis, the best way to launch a profitable nonprofit, outcompeting in a saturated market, notable contributions throughout my days as a tech firm advisor, cosmic insignificance remedy, metaverse musings, current religious shifts, required studying for somebody in want of self-love, and way more.
#628: Q&A with Tim — Revisiting 15+ Years of PR and Advertising and marketing Classes, Time Dilation for Deep Rest, The Artwork of Setting Extremely-Excessive Costs, The Low-Data Eating regimen, Finding out Animal Communication, My 3-Day Fasting Protocol, Instruments for Dealing with Adversity, Promoting to the Prosperous, My Present Espresso and Alcohol Guidelines, Danger Mitigation, and A lot Extra
What was your favourite quote or lesson from this episode? Please let me know within the feedback.
SCROLL BELOW FOR LINKS AND SHOW NOTES…
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- What Is Your Carbon Footprint? | The Nature Conservancy
- Put Oil Again Underground | Appeal Industrial
- An Anti-GHG 501c3 | Terraset
- So You Need to Be a Neuroscientist? | Harvard Mind Science Initiative
- How one can Turn into a Marine Biologist | Conservation Careers
- How one can Turn into a Comedian Ebook Artist | The Artwork Profession Undertaking
- Derek Sivers — The Joys of an Un-Optimized Life, Discovering Paths Much less Traveled, Creating Tech Independence (and Dangers of the Cloud), Taking Big Leaps, and Selecting the Proper “Recreation of Life” | The Tim Ferriss Present #668
- The 4-Hour Physique: An Unusual Information to Speedy Fats Loss, Unbelievable Intercourse, and Changing into Superhuman by Timothy Ferriss | Amazon
- Occam’s Protocol
- 4-Hour Physique: Occam’s Protocol and the Minimal Efficient Dose | Social Media College, International (SMUG)
- The Sluggish-Carb Eating regimen One-Pager | Tim Ferriss
- Masterpieces of Fantasy Artwork by Dian Hanson | Amazon
- Fan Ho’s Avenue Pictures: What Hong Kong Seemed Like 60 Years In the past | Public Supply
- The Aware Management Group
- The 15 Commitments of Aware Management: A New Paradigm for Sustainable Success by Jim Dethmer, Diana Chapman, and Kaley Warner Klemp | Amazon
- Don’t Let Perfection Be the Enemy of Productiveness | Harvard Enterprise Evaluation
- “I Assume That Saying ‘Good Sufficient’ is a Superpower.” -Derek Sivers | Tim Ferriss, Twitter
- Logitech BRIO Extremely HD Webcam | Amazon
- MacBook Professional | Apple
- Audio-Technica ATR2100x-USB Cardioid Dynamic Microphone | Amazon
- Instruments of Titans: The Techniques, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers by Tim Ferriss | Amazon
- Fasting vs. Sluggish-Carb Eating regimen, Prime $150 Purchases, Balancing Productiveness and Rest, and Extra | The Tim Ferriss Present #213
- Imposter Syndrome: Why You Could Really feel Like a Fraud | Verywell Thoughts
- Aizuchi | Wikipedia
- Definition of Backcountry Snowboarding, Slackcountry, Sidecountry, and Off Piste | The Backcountry Ski Touring Weblog
- 10 Causes to Lastly Give Backcountry Snowboarding a Strive | goEast
- Skis | DPS Skis
- How I Constructed a #1-Ranked Podcast With 60M+ Downloads | Tim Ferriss
- 1,000 True Followers by Kevin Kelly | The Technium
- Inventive or Cool Excuses to Not Drink | r/TheGirlSurvivalGuide
- Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Cleaning soap (Child, Unscented) | Amazon
- Examine Your Sunscreens! Extra Recollects On account of Benzene | The Authorized Examiner
- Nordic Naturals ProOmega 650 EPA/450 DHA | Amazon
- Straightforward Energy: How one can Get a Lot Stronger Than Your Competitors-And Dominate in Your Sport by Dan John | Amazon
- The DC Comics Information to Writing Comics by Dennis O’Neil | Amazon
- Tiny Habits: The Small Adjustments That Change Every part by BJ Fogg | Amazon
- Atomic Habits: An Straightforward & Confirmed Option to Construct Good Habits & Break Dangerous Ones by James Clear | Amazon
- How one can Learn the Good Books | The New Yorker
- The 4-Hour Chef: The Easy Path to Cooking Like a Professional, Studying Something, and Residing the Good Life by Timothy Ferriss | Amazon
- 12 Guidelines for Studying International Languages in Document Time — The Solely Submit You’ll Ever Want | Tim Ferriss
- Die Laborious | Prime Video
- One Piece Wiki | Fandom
- Don’t Shoot the Canine!: The New Artwork of Instructing and Coaching by Karen Pryor | Amazon
- Canine Suggestions and Coaching | Tim Ferriss
- The Most Vital Ability to Educate Your Canine | Tim Ferriss
- How one can Maintain Your Canine Occupied | Tim Ferriss
- Canine Breakfast Suggestions with Molly | Tim Ferriss
- Canine Tips: Command, Security, and Self-importance | Tim Ferriss
- Susan Garrett — Grasp Canine (and Human) Coach | The Tim Ferriss Present #200
- How one can Lose 100 Kilos on The Sluggish-Carb Eating regimen — Actual Pics and Tales | Tim Ferriss
- The Healthiest Pink Meat on the Planet | Maui Nui Venison
- Nutrient Density Examine | Van Vliet Lab
- Jake Muise — The Relentless Pursuit of Innovation, High quality, and That means | The Tim Ferriss Present #678
- Mark Zuckerberg: First Interview within the Metaverse | Lex Fridman Podcast #398
- The AI Companion Who Cares | Replika
- An ‘Epidemic’ of Loneliness Threatens Well being of People, Surgeon Normal Says | Smithsonian Journal
- Dr. Vivek Murthy — Former Surgeon Normal on Combating COVID-19, Loneliness, and Extra | The Tim Ferriss Present #417
- Charted: The Speedy Decline of International Start Charges | Visible Capitalist
- The Sunk Price Fallacy | The Determination Lab
- What the Luddites Actually Fought In opposition to | Smithsonian Journal
- The Turing Take a look at | Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Google’s AI Handed the Turing Take a look at — And Confirmed How It’s Damaged | The Washington Submit
- Inokashira-koen Park and Ghibli Museum | Actually Tokyo
- Shops | Lawson
- Spirited Away (English Language) | Prime Video
- Bar Gen Yamamoto | Instagram
- We Go to a Hidden Bar in Niseko | Steven & Diep
- Bar Gyu+ | Instagram
- Nikko Toshogu Shrine Autumn Grand Pageant | Nikko Official Information
- Samurai Archery: Yabusame in Nikko (Japanese Horseback Archery) | Ronin Dave
- Help a Classroom. Construct a Future. | DonorsChoose
- Free On-line Programs, Classes, & Observe | Khan Academy
- Accelerating Children’ Schooling | Mentava
- Arthur C. Brooks — How one can Be Pleased, Reverse Bucket Lists, The 4 False Idols, Muscular Philosophies, Sensible Inoculation In opposition to the Darkness, and Extra | The Tim Ferriss Present #692
- Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace | Amazon
- Including Weight Lifting to Exercises Could Enhance Longevity | Harvard Well being
- Peter Attia: Energy Coaching for Well being Is a Key to Longevity | Shortform Books
- Outlive: The Science and Artwork of Longevity by Peter Attia | Amazon
- A Information to the Greatest Factor Lacking From Your Health Routine: Zone 2 Coaching | The Artwork of Manliness
- Coach Chris Sommer — The Secrets and techniques of Gymnastic Energy Coaching | The Tim Ferriss Present #158
- Coach Chris Sommer — The Secrets and techniques of Gymnastic Energy Coaching, Half Two: Dwelling Tools, Weighted Stretches, and Muscle-Ups | The Tim Ferriss Present #180
- How one can Design a Life — Debbie Millman | The Tim Ferriss Present #214
- My Therapeutic Journey After Childhood Abuse (Consists of Intensive Useful resource Record) | The Tim Ferriss Present #464
- Intermittent Fasting: What Is It, and How Does It Work? | Johns Hopkins Drugs
- The 5-Minute Journal | Amazon
- How 30 Grams of Protein at Breakfast Can Assist You Lose Weight | Healthline
- Some Sensible Ideas on Suicide | Tim Ferriss
- What’s Stoicism? | Each day Stoic
- Stoicism Sources and Suggestions | Tim Ferriss
- The Harvard Classics: Plato, Epictetus, Marcus Aurelius | Amazon
- Historical past of Memento Mori | Each day Stoic
- Psychedelics Could Reduce Worry of Demise and Dying, Much like Emotions Reported by These Who’ve Had Close to Demise Experiences | Johns Hopkins Drugs
- Transcendental Meditation
- Logically, After You Die Will Be Like Earlier than You Had been Born | Reality or Fable?
- What If We Handled Demise Like Start? | Fashionable Loss
- Dr. Shirley Sahrmann — A Legendary PT Does a Deep Dive on Tim’s Low-Again Points, Teaches How one can Unlearn Painful Patterns, Talks About Motion as Drugs (or Poison), and Extra | The Tim Ferriss Present #685
- Fisher Traction | Amazon
- Vyper 3 Excessive-Depth Vibrating Foam Curler | Amazon
- Herman Miller Traditional Aeron Chair | Amazon
- Therapeutic Again Ache: The Thoughts-Physique Connection by John Sarno | Amazon
- Thoughts Over Again Ache: A Radically New Method to the Analysis and Remedy of Again Ache by John Sarno | Amazon
- The Mindbody Prescription: Therapeutic the Physique, Therapeutic the Ache by John Sarno |Amazon
- Pilates: What It Is and Well being Advantages | Cleveland Clinic
- A Prophet (Un prophète) | Prime Video
- On Writing: A Memoir Of The Craft by Stephen King | Amazon
- A Fictional World Constructed for These Chaotic Occasions | The Legend of CØCKPUNCH
- Fowl by Fowl: Some Directions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott | Amazon
- The Tao of Seneca: Letters from a Stoic Grasp (aka The Ethical Letters to Lucilius) | Tim Ferriss
- The Science of Gratitude & How one can Construct a Gratitude Observe | Huberman Lab Podcast #47
- Dialectical Conduct Remedy (DBT) | Cleveland Clinic
- The Work | Byron Katie
- Kia Kaha | Wikipedia
- [07:10] How I’m lowering my carbon footprint.
- [08:37] Parallel actuality profession selections.
- [09:11] Life optimization (and deoptimization).
- [11:40] Fan Ho: A formidable character.
- [12:15] The worth of private teaching.
- [14:41] Engaged on the “adequate” muscle.
- [16:10] My present video/audio tech specs.
- [16:58] The impression learning abroad has had on my success.
- [17:54] Is part three with Todd McFarlane imminent?
- [18:05] If it have been written or revised as we speak, what would I add to The 4-Hour Physique?
- [18:44] Cultivating the country nation vibe of my dwelling area.
- [20:04] Have I ever skilled imposter syndrome whereas interviewing a visitor?
- [22:50] Why is there a washer in my kitchen?
- [23:02] This winter’s snowboarding plans.
- [23:33] If I began podcasting as we speak, what would I do in a different way?
- [25:33] Chopping again on booze.
- [26:46] Skincare.
- [29:44] Social actions that ship most happiness.
- [31:30] But-uninterviewed friends I’d wish to have on.
- [32:05] Foiling the friction of fabricating fiction.
- [35:43] Gleaning which means from holy scriptures.
- [36:26] As a polyglot, how do I preserve fluency in languages I’ve discovered?
- [41:05] Coaching puppies, dolphins, chickens, and youngsters: The ability of optimistic reinforcement.
- [45:24] Batch cooking and the slow-carb weight loss plan.
- [46:57] Digital emotional surrogacy’s impression on the loneliness epidemic.
- [50:43] When reliance on the digital diminishes human deftness.
- [52:22] Journey suggestions for Japan.
- [55:28] The way forward for schooling: Expertise sourcing and accelerated studying.
- [57:08] The way forward for faith(s).
- [1:00:05] The significance of weight coaching for longevity.
- [1:03:48] Bettering interview expertise and asking the proper questions.
- [1:08:54] How I kickstart my metabolic equipment within the morning.
- [1:11:56] Managing concern of dying with Stoicism and transcendent experiences.
- [1:15:20] Managing again ache: Workout routines, methods, and instruments.
- [1:19:47] A pronouncement for Pilates poo-pooers.
- [1:20:32] Relationship recommendation could also be allotted at a later date.
- [1:21:26] Rewatching favourite films.
- [1:21:53] Books that have been higher after a reread.
- [1:22:51] Breaking unfavourable self-talk: Gratitude observe and dialectical behavioral remedy.
- [1:23:44] Parting ideas.
Associated and Advisable
The Tim Ferriss Present is one of the most well-liked podcasts on the planet with greater than 900 million downloads. It has been chosen for “Better of Apple Podcasts” 3 times, it’s typically the #1 interview podcast throughout all of Apple Podcasts, and it has been ranked #1 out of 400,000+ podcasts on many events. To hearken to any of the previous episodes free of charge, try this web page.